Updated: 2 days ago
Did you know that dissonance is actually really beautiful? Check it out.
If I play a B and a C at the same time, sounds pretty awful, right? But if I wrap that in a few other notes, we can get to an A minor 9, which is one of my favorite chords. See, what we have there is an A as the root, an E for the fifth, a B for the ninth, a C for the minor third, and on top a G as a seventh. See, that creates a really beautiful haunting texture and it's great in ballads. And I used it in the song "How You Left Me."
Listen to "How You Left Me" on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/0T8IPzvO3SfGCL85QdHccs?si=f79cf6a553b741a9
- Fender Telecaster: https://amzn.to/3KFsb5m
- Focusrite 8i6: https://amzn.to/3J0kw0b
- Avid Pro Tools: https://amzn.to/3Syy2LH
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig: https://amzn.to/3m7L2f7
I can't work without these tools:
- Contour Shuttle Pro: https://amzn.to/41uyyym
- Kensington Expert Mouse: https://amzn.to/3IZj5yZ
- Shure SRH440 Headphones: https://amzn.to/3xYAjGx
Video Equipment Used:
- DJI Pocket 2: https://amzn.to/41wyn5w
- Lume Cube Panel Mini: https://amzn.to/3KKwzAa
- Adobe Premiere Pro: https://amzn.to/3Y3djk9
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.